Dear full- and part-time faculty:
We are pleased to announce the Spring 2020 Grant Cycle from the Office of Community Engagement.
We seek proposals for the following grant opportunities:
- Faculty SEED/Mentorship Grants - up to $1,000 per faculty member applicant
- Student Scholar Grants - up to $500 to pay for a student scholar to support your teaching
We are excited to offer the new SEED/Mentorship grant: faculty can apply for traditional SEED grants, and they can also select the "mentorship" option, that will include, along with grant money, support and consultation with seasoned community engaged faculty in a related discipline who can help faculty design, develop, and implement new community-based teaching and research opportunities.
We will host a workshop for applying to these grants in early October (details forthcoming), and those who attend will receive extra points on their grant application rubric.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Danielle Spratt, Director of Faculty Engagement, at danielle.spratt@ csun.edu
Deadline: October 15th by 5:00pm to communityengagement@ csun.edu
- Using the links above, download and then complete the application form for the grant(s) for which you would like to apply.
- To complete your application submission, please download the Signature and Departmental Consent page for your application (linked at the end of each application).
- Once you and your department chair have signed the Signature and Departmental Consent page, please submit your application(s) to communityengagement@ csun.edu (You will need to attach your saved application to your email submission).
Contact Julia Heinen, D.M.A., Interim Director of Community Engagement (julia.heinen@ csun,edu) or
Danielle Spratt, Ph.D., Director of Faculty Engagement and Service Learning (danielle.spratt@ csun.edu) or
Svetlana Tyutina, Ph.D., Director of Student Engagement and Service Learning (svetlana.tyutina@ csun.edu).