Matadors4Wellness Peer Health Educators
Application for 2019-20
Passionate about health and wellness? Interested in educating your peers about leading healthier lives in college and beyond? See yourself as a student leader? Then join our team. Matadors4Wellness Peer Health Educators are trained to provide educational programs on stress reduction, sleep improvement, alcohol tobacco and other drugs, sexual health, healthy eating, and overall wellness. All majors are welcome.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct health & wellness workshops at Oasis Wellness Center
- Participate in outreach activities and tabling fairs across campus
- Conduct aromatherapy and guided meditation sessions
- Educate campus community about campus wellness resources
What you’ll gain as a Peer Health Educator:
- Priority registration (for Spring 2020)
- BACCHUS Network Certified Peer Educator (CPE) certification
- TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) certification
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- In-depth knowledge on college health issues
- Opportunity to become a campus leader through peer education and mentorship
- 4hrs/week; 1-year commitment (Fall 2019 + Spring 2020)
- Mandatory 5-day training August 2019
- Mandatory team meetings twice a month (Wednesdays 3-4:30pm)
How to apply:
Complete the fields below. Please include a cover letter and resume by uploading it below. If selected for an interview, must be available to interview sometime between April 15-April 18, 2019.
Application Deadline: March 29th, 2019.
For questions, please contact Gabriella Nguyen, MPH, CHES at Gabriella.Nguyen@csun.edu or (818)677-3685.
Application Information: https://www.csun.edu/shc/matadors4wellness-apply