• graduate sat graduation ceremony
  • graduate holding up diploma
  • graduates high fiving
  • graduates at graduation ceremony
  • graduate at graduation ceremony
  • graduate at graduation ceremony



  • Scores for the June exam are posted in the Portal. Remember that you need a score of 8 or higher to pass the UDWPE.
  • Registration for the September 22nd exam (the first exam for the 2018-19 academic year) has been delayed due to an update of the registration system by the IT Department. The new system will not be ready until sometime in August. We will post updates as we have them.
  • Exam dates for the 2018-19 academic year will be posted in July.
  • If you are an undergraduate and you have a registration hold because you have not yet completed the WPE, you can file a request for more time to satisfy the requirement if you have never done so. Please click the red button on the right "Time Extension," complete and submit the form. Any further questions about that process should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Studies - they make all decisions regarding registration holds. Their number is 818.677.2969.
  • The Learning Resource Center offers free prep sessions and workshops to help you prepare for the exam. You can find more information at the link, including how to sign up.

CSU seal with wording -The Trustees of the California State University have directed that “all students entering the  CSU System . . . be required to demonstrate their proficiency with regard to writing skills as a requirement for graduation.”

wording-read entire directive