THE UDWPE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
The current suspension of in-person classes across our system due to COVID-19, as well as Executive Order N-25-20 issued by Governor Gavin Newsom requiring adherence to social distancing guidelines, leads us to issue a temporary, limited suspension of the California State University Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR). CSUN uses the UDWPE to meet the GWAR requirement.
Update on 10/20/20: There will be no test dates scheduled until after summer 2021. The test will be waived for those graduating in fall 2020 and spring and summer 2021. We will post further updates here as we have them.
- All WPE holds will be lifted for Fall 2020 registration.
- If you have already taken the exam and want to find your score, see the red button in the right column titled "Check Score" for instructions.
- If you are a Fall 19, Spring 20, Summer 20, or Fall 20 graduating senior who has not yet met the UDWPE requirement, it will be waived. You do not need to do anything, your degree progress report will be updated automatically.
- Undergraduates who need particular scores to take classes in Psychology and the Nazarian College of Business and Economics may register in those classes for Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 without that requirement met.
- Graduate students who need to take the WPE for classified status should contact Graduate Studies or their graduate program coordinator for details.
Main page updated 10/20/20