May 25, 2022
Dear Campus Community:
Thank you for doing your part to keep our campus community safe and healthy this academic year and through our wonderful commencement ceremonies that concluded yesterday! As we move into the summer, we realize that, for the most part, our campus will be substantially less populated. As such, effective June 1, 2022, CSUN will be modifying campus COVID-19 protocols in order to more closely align with current Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LADPH) requirements. Following is a summary of updates to current campus requirements for students, faculty and staff:
- Students and employees with medical or religious exemptions from the CSU vaccination policy will no longer be required to complete weekly asymptomatic COVID-19 tests. During this past year, routine weekly surveillance testing of students and employees did not reveal a concerning COVID positivity rate.
- Residents of Student Housing are no longer required to take part in weekly asymptomatic testing.
- Individuals are required to report positive COVID-19 test results to the university. Students can report COVID-19 test results here. Employees can report COVID-19 test results here.
- For students and employees who test positive for COVID-19: Prior to returning to campus earlier than the identified 10-day isolation period, a negative COVID-19 test, taken no fewer than 5 days after the positive test result, must be submitted.
- Testing is required for students and employees identified as close contacts of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Over-the-counter, FDA-Approved rapid antigen tests are now acceptable forms of testing.
- The university will ensure students and employees who are symptomatic or have been determined as a close contact by the university have access to free testing, during compensated time for employees.
Students may contact the Klotz Student Health Center at (818) 677-3666 or email@example.com for testing information.
Employees may access testing information, as well as updates to test kiosk locations and days of operation here - COVID-19 Employee Testing | California State University, Northridge (csun.edu)
Additionally, free test kits are also available through the U.S. Postal Service and from various Los Angeles County locations - COVID-19: Testing - Health Services Los Angeles County (lacounty.gov).
Masking is strongly recommended but not required indoors or outdoors, with the following exceptions:
- Given the close contacts that will exist, masks continue to be required in classrooms and laboratories.
- If asymptomatic, any student or employee identified by the university as a close contact of an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 must wear a mask indoors for 10 days.
- Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 and obtain a negative test result 5 days after the positive test, may return to class or work and must wear a mask indoors for 10 days from the date of the positive test result.
- Daily self-screening surveys continue to be required for students and employees accessing campus but are not required for visitors.
CSUN anticipates following evolving LACDPH guidelines as we navigate through the summer and into the fall semester. Updated COVID protocols will be communicated to the campus community and will be available on the Matadors Forward website.
Mary Beth Walker, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
William Watkins, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Colin Donahue, Vice President for Administration and Finance & CFO