The Educational Talent Search program is a federally funded TRiO programs sponsored by California State University, Northridge. The mission of Educational Talent Search (ETS) is to promote access to higher education by providing guidance and support to first generation and/or low income students. ETS serves over 1,200 parents and students in the San Fernando Valley.
- Under the supervision of the administrative assistant and project director, provide clerical support to the Talent Search program
- Assist in the daily tasks, including but not limited to:
- Typing and distributing correspondence,
- Answering the phone and directing calls,
- Data entry,
- Translation of documents from English to Spanish,
- Prepare bulk mailings,
- Compile data and retrieve reports for up to 1,200 participants
- Assist, up to seven professional ETS staff, in preparation for activities and workshops; and
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve project goals and objectives Qualifications:
- Must be a current student, sophomore - graduate student in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA;
- Knowledge of commonly used Microsoft (MS) software;
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of office machines (i.e. fax and copier);
- Able to establish positive working relationships with TRIO & SOAR staff;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Must be proactive, maintain confidentiality, reliable, responsible, self-directed, follow detailed instructions, and detail oriented;
- Bilingual skills preferred (English/Spanish);
- Must be professional, punctual, and a quick learner;
- Must attend mandatory trainings once a month on Friday afternoons;
- Must be able to work a minimum of at least four consecutive hours at a time and commit to full academic year August–May
- Physical Demands: Ability to bend; carry, lift, push and pull up to 20 lbs.
Required documentation upon hiring:
- Live scan,
- Background check; and
- Tuberculosis (TB) tested
$13-$15.20, starting salary $13 hr.
Fall/Spring, 12-15 hr. Prefer students that have 2-3 full days during the week between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Must be able to work a minimum of four consecutive hours at a time and commit to full academic year August–May.
Please submit an employment application, resume, class schedule, unofficial transcripts, and a copy of your financial aid award. Job applications are available in the Department of Student Outreach and Recruitment located in Bayramian Hall 190 or at http://www.csun.edu/outreach/student-employment. For additional information, please contact the ETS office at (818) 677-4550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.