On-Campus Exams

Admissions Tests

The following admissions tests are administered at California State University, Northridge.



Certification and Licensure

Credit by Exam

Department Tests

CSUN offers two placement exams in chemistry and math to determine eligibility to enroll in specific chemistry and math courses at CSUN. These tests must be taken within two semesters preceding enrollment in courses. The Chemistry Placement Test (CPT) and Mathematics Placement Test (MPT) are on-campus exams only.

Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam

The university has implemented the California State University Trustee Policy for the writing skills graduation requirement for all upper-division students. All students must pass the UDWPE as a requirement for graduation.