TADW production dates are announced early, so please consult the production calendar (Found here: Showtimes ) before you audition to avoid any conflicts. Some performances are held during the day, some in the evenings and some on weekends. This ensures parents and community members have many opportunities to enjoy live theatre for youth at CSUN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When are the TADW shows?
Are TADW productions suitable for young children?
TADW productions are geared for young audiences (with the exception of the 10-Minute Play Festival, which may have themes more suited to older teens.). Annually, we have many pre-school aged children attend our musical and play, but parents are always the best judge of their child's ability to attend a live performance. TADW shows are always presented in one-act and are generally about 75 minutes or less. For Summer 2018,"Mary Poppins, Jr." and "James and the Giant Peach, Jr." are two musicals TADW will produce.
How do I get tickets for TADW shows?
Get your tickets for the Teenage Drama Workshop's summer plays for youth.
Because our productions are so popular with local camp groups, we often have some weekday matinees that sell out! So don't delay. Here are some helpful hints for your ticket-buying:
If you want tickets for the Teenage Drama Workshop's upcoming productions, you have several options:
- Visit the Associated Students Ticket Office on the CSUN campus in person. This allows you to avoid all fees. The ticket office is located near Plaza Del Sol in the University Student Union complex on the Zelzah Ave. side of campus. The closest parking is lot G3. (See campus map for reference.) The ticket office is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. (Note: You can request a free 30-minute parking pass to visit the ticket office from the parking guard gate in lot G4. Or, if you've already purchased a one-day pass in another lot, you can use it on the same day in lot G3 or G4.
- Call the AS Ticket Office and place an order by phone. There is a small service charge applied to the entire order and your tickets will be mailed to you. The phone number is (818) 677-2488.
- Order online via Ticketmaster. This may be convenient for out-of-town guests, however a service charge is applied to each ticket.
- Use the onsite ticket booth in Nordhoff Hall. The AS Ticket Office will operate a satellite ticket office in Nordhoff Hall once our shows are up-and-running. The box office will open two hours before each show and you can purchase tickets for same-day performances or in advance for other TADW performances.
- Take advantage of our group rate. If you are organizing lots of friends and family to see our shows, take advantage of our group rate of $10 per ticket for groups of 10 or more. All tickets for a particular performance must be purchased together to get this special rate.
If my child is in the play, the musical, or the 10-Minute Play Festival, do I need to buy tickets?
- Absolutely. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster (for a surcharge) or at the CSUN Ticket Office, which is located in the University Student Union on campus, near the Plaza del Sol theatre. The nearest parking lot to the ticket office is Lot G4 off Zelzah Ave. Ticket office hours are Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You can also reach the ticket office by phone at (818) 677-2488. Additionally, on show days, two hours prior to each performance, the Ticket Office operates a satellite box office in the lobby of Nordhoff Hall.
I went to buy tickets and the show I wanted was already sold out. What happened?
- Because TADW has operated for more than 50 years, and is known for its quality productions for youth, many community organizations (YMCAs, day camps, youth centers) buy blocks of tickets for our performances. Weekday morning shows are the most likely to sell out. Please plan accordingly and buy your tickets early if you have certain dates in mind. By the end of our run, most shows will sell out. We don’t want to turn anyone away, so we encourage you to purchase tickets for your family and friends as early as possible.
I have a group / camp / team / scout troop that I’d like to bring to see a TADW show. Are there group rates?
Yes. Please call Alicia Lawrence at (818) 677-3086 for more information.
Do I have to participate in set strike?
Yes. Following your last performance for the play, musical, or 10-minute play festival, all cast and crew are expected to be on hand for the mandatory set strike. Directors and stage managers will provide additional information. Additionally, following Munch & Crunch, all TADW members are expected to participate in a brief clean up of Nordhoff Hall. Remember: Many hands make light work.