Disaster Counseling Services
Mitchell Family Counseling Center at California State University Northridge wishes to express our deepest condolences to those who have been affected by the tragedy in Thousand Oaks and support and encouragement to those in the surrounding areas affected by the fires. The clinic offers low-fee therapy services to the local community. If you have been directly affected by these recent events, and would like therapeutic support, we are offering up to 4 free sessions of individual, couple, or family therapy. You may contact Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic at (818) 677-2568 to get started.
MFCC COUPLES AND FAMILY INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
$150 for 6 couples and family counseling sessions (paid in advance in full, new clients only, 1 package per couple or family)
- Learn new ways to communicate
- Check in with your partner about the status of your relationship
- Clarify some of your needs or desires
- Express feelings and concerns in a safe environment
MFCC COUPLES AND FAMILY COUNSELING
$280 for 8 (45 minute) sessions
$280 for 4 (90 minute) sessions
(paid in advance in full, fees are based on a sliding scale)
$160 for 8 group sessions ! (paid in advance in full)
- Siblings of Children with Special Needs
- Art Therapy and Social Skills for age 5-8 - Please call for group information
- Art Therapy and Soc Skills for age 9-12
- Anxiety & Stress Management for Children and Adults
- Young Adults Self Esteem and Identity
The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic (MFCC) is a community service site for the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling in the Michael D. Eisner College of Education at California State University, Northridge. The MFCC program provides a clinical training and research site for graduate level students in the college’s counseling programs, while also providing much-needed counseling services to members of our local community on a sliding-scale fee basis.
Community Services offered by the MFCC include:
- Adult, couples, child, family, and group counseling
- Counseling on various issues including parenting skills, parenting education, anger management, family issues, grief and loss, depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, divorce developmental states and social skills.
- Play therapy and Sandplay therapy
- Art therapy
- Bibliotherapy and videotherapy
- Cognitive behavioral and solution-focused therapies
- School-based counseling services
- Assessment and treatment of At-Risk students
MFCC utilizes the resources of a major university to meet the needs of the local community. We provide high-quality and affordable services to adults, children, couples, and family. The Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic serves the community by offering assessment and counseling services, as well as referrals for the university and surrounding community. Additionally, the MFCC has established satellite community-based counseling programs in the Los-Angeles area.