In Fall 2012 President Harrison requested the Institute for Sustainability and its affiliates draft a sustainability plan for the University. A planning team comprising faculty, staff and administrators was assembled and research conducted on a template for the plan. The CSUN Sustainability Plan was finalized in May 2013 and established ten key areas of focus for improvements in campus operations, policies and infrastructure. Each area has its own working group comprised of students, faculty, staff and community members dedicated to fulfilling the goals and exceeding the benchmarks established in the Sustainability Plan.
Click the icons below to learn more about our initiatives!
Explore CSUN's sustainability efforts with our interactive map
CSUN Sustainability Plan and Updates:
- CSUN Sustainability Annual Plan Update 2016-17
- CSUN Sustainability Annual Plan Update 2015-16
- CSUN Sustainability Annual Plan Update 2014-15
- CSUN Sustainability Annual Plan Update 2013-14
- CSUN Sustainability Plan 2013-2023