Housed in the Liberal Studies Program in the College of Humanities, the goal of the sustainability curriculum is to broadly educate students about the fundamental concepts of sustainability including economic, environmental, and social aspects. The minor is designed to supplement education in other disciplines and to generate understanding of the considerations necessary to make decisions in a world where resources are limited. The G.E. path in the Principles of Sustainability provides a coordinated focus for students interested in understanding about sustainability decision making while fulfilling their G.E. requirements.
- A Undergraduate Minor in Sustainability
- A Graduate Program in Sustainability has been approved by the university and is currently under development. Please continue to check the website for updates.
- A GE path in Sustainability began in Fall 2012.
- A Sustainability Track in Liberal Studies will began in Fall 2013.
- A Climate Science Program was developed in collaboration with the Department of Mathematics.
- Explore Sustainability-related Courses
- External Sustainability Related Course Syllabi
All sustainability curriculum are housed in the College of Humanities, and advising is hosted by the Liberal Studies in Education Room 100. Students interested in meeting with an advisor to discuss the minor can call (818)677-3100 directly to schedule an appointment.
Faculty and prospective faculty who are interested in teaching courses related to the sustainability minor, please contact the Liberal Studies Program at (818) 677-3300 for more information. Their office is located in the Education Administration building, room 100.
For information regarding CSUN’s Liberal Studies program, please visit their website.