- Q: Who do I contact?
- A: UNIVERSITY CASH SERVICES: firstname.lastname@example.org – payments, refunds, Fall 2020 tuition questions
ADMISSIONS & RECORDS: email@example.com – adding/dropping classes
FINANCIAL AID: firstname.lastname@example.org – financial aid status, award amounts
STUDENT ACCOUNTING: email@example.com – Summer 2020 and prior balances
- Q: When will my financial aid disburse?
- A: After you have met enrollment requirements, financial aid disburses weekly. University Cash Services processes any eligible refunds to you in the following weeks.
- Q: What is my financial aid status?
- A: You will receive an e-mail notice when you are awarded. Check your CSUN e-mail so you do not miss important messages from the Financial Aid Office. Here is a tutorial on how to view your financial aid awards, when you are awarded: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/tutorials
- Q: I e-mailed the Financial Aid Office and haven’t gotten a response yet, what do I do?
- A: They are serving all CSUN students and have a high volume of e-mail inquiries at this time. Please wait for a response if your question is regarding award amounts, financial aid status, or other financial aid-related questions. Please visit their website in the meantime: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid
- Q: Where is my Cal Grant?
- Q: Where is my Middle Class Scholarship?
- Q: Do you have payment plans?
- A: We are currently in the demand pay period. After you enroll in classes, your payment is due within 3 calendar days.
- Q: How do I make a payment in-person to avoid the 2.75% credit card charge?
- A: To avoid the 2.75% processing fee with a credit or debit card online, you can pay online through your student portal with electronic check (eCheck). There is no fee with electronic check. You will carefully type in your bank routing number and bank account information. Checks may also be dropped off in the drop box at the information booth or mailed. We are open to process cash and debit payments: we do not accept credit cards in person. CSUN is adhering to mask and social distancing guidelines. More information on how to pay your fees: https://www.csun.edu/stufin/ucs-how-pay-your-fees
- Q: Can I pay my fees with a debit card online?
- A: Your debit card is tied to a bank account. Use electronic check option to avoid the 2.75% processing fee. If you use your debit card online, you will be charged the 2.75% processing fee. Electronic check is free.
- Q: I am a California resident. Why am I being charged nonresident fees?
- A: If you are a California (in-state) resident, please follow the steps and complete the forms on this webpage: https://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/residency-csu-tuition . We need confirmation from Admissions and Records that you are a CA resident. The charges will adjust in the system once A&R approves of the change.
- Q: How does the waitlist work?
- Q: I don’t see my question here, who can I contact?
- A: Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and 9-digit CSUN Student ID Number.
Many companies offer tuition assistance to employees who participate in work-related or degree-oriented college programs. They may require proof of enrollment, charges incurred and proof of payment.
To request such documentation please complete this form: Employer Reimbursement Form