Our Virtual GX Classes are available to anyone from the CSUN community. No membership is required.
Virtual Group Exercise Classes: Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate in a Virtual Group Exercise Class?
Do I have to pay to take a virtual class offered through the SRC?
No all classes are free! To provide the community with ways to stay healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, all Virtual Classes will be offered at no cost.
How do I register for a virtual class?
Create a MINDBODY account, download the MINDBODY Connect app and add “CSUN-Student Recreation Center” as a favorite.
Download the Zoom app or login through the CSUN Zoom website.
Note: Make sure to setup your Zoom account with the same name as your MINDBODY account. This will be used by your instructors in the check-in process.
Choose a Virtual Class and sign-up as early as 2 days in advance.
IMPORTANT: To receive an access link to the virtual class, members MUST opt in to receive emails or texts notifications from MINDBODY. To adjust these settings in your account, go to “My Info”.
Check-in to the Virtual Class by clicking on the link provided in your confirmation email/text as early as 10 minutes prior but no later than by the class start time.
Note: To avoid disruptions, participants who do not check-in prior to the class start time will not be allowed to join.
Can I use my personal email address instead of my CSUN email to register through MINDBODY?
Yes. It is recommended that you setup your account using a preferred email address. To receive registration information on how to join the Virtual Class, it is important to opt in to receive email and/or text notifications related to Account Management and Reminders and Schedule Changes. To adjust these settings in your account, go to “My Info”.
When does registration open for Virtual Group Exercise Classes?
Where can I read more information about each Virtual Class or instructor?
Do I need to have special equipment in order to participate in a Virtual Class?
A majority of our Virtual Classes do not require the use of special fitness equipment or will provide alternatives using items commonly found in any household. To determine if the class has equipment recommendations, please check out the class description provided on the SRC MINDBODY portal or the MINDBODY Connect app.
How do I know if I successfully registered or canceled my registration for a virtual class?
If you have opted-in to receive email and/or text notifications from MINDBODY at the time your account was created, once you register for a virtual class, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with the account. This process is the same for cancelations.
If you did not receive a confirmation email and/or text upon registration, do the following:
- Login to your MINDBODY account and check to make sure:
- Your email and mobile number are correct.
- You have opted-in to receive email and/or text notifications related to Account Management and Reminders and Schedule Changes under the “My Info” section. You will also need to verify your mobile number and service provider in order to receive text notifications.
- Check your inbox to make sure the confirmation email did not get sent to your clutter/spam/junk folder.
If you have registered for a class less than 24 hours prior to the class start time and did not receive a confirmation email and/or text, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We will do our best to respond to your email promptly, but cannot guarantee we will be able to respond prior to the start of class.
What do I need to do to prepare for a Virtual Class?
Once you have registered for a virtual class, it is important to make sure you are ready and prepared to participate by doing the following:
- Check to determine if the class has equipment or space recommendations by checking the class description or referring to the information provided in your confirmation email/text.
- Download the Zoom app to your smart device or log in through the CSUN Zoom website and join the class by clicking on the access link in your confirmation email prior to the start of class.
- Make sure your Zoom account name matches the name on your MINDBODY account. Unknown participants will not be admitted into the class for security purposes. Learn how to change your Zoom account name.
Where do I go to join the Virtual Class?
Once you have successfully registered, you should receive a confirmation email and/or text notification with details on how to access the Virtual Class. A reminder notification will also be sent on the day of the Virtual Class with this information.
To eliminate disruptions and distractions, participants will not be admitted into the class once it has started, no exceptions.
Why was I not admitted into the Virtual Class even though I registered?
The instructor may have not admitted you into the Virtual Class for the following reasons:
- You joined the Virtual Class after it had begun
- To eliminate disruptions and distractions, participants will not be admitted into the class once it has started, no exceptions.
- Your name on your Zoom account did not match on the class roster
- For security and check-in purposes, individuals who have not properly registered for the virtual class through MINDBODY or have attempted to join under a pseudo-name other than what is listed on their MINDBODY account, will not be admitted into the class.
Participants are strongly encouraged join the virtual class prior to the start time and to make sure that the name listed on their Zoom account matches the name listed on MINDBODY. Unknown participants will not be admitted into the class. Learn how to change your Zoom account name.
Am I still able to participate in a Virtual Class if I arrive late?
No. To eliminate disruptions and distractions, participants who attempt to join the Virtual Class after the stated start time will not be admitted into the class, no exceptions.
How do I cancel my Virtual Class registration?
As a courtesy to others and to provide sufficient time, we ask that all cancelations be completed no later than 15 minutes prior to the class start time through the SRC MINDBODY portal or the MINDBODY Connect app. Failure to comply with the cancelation guidelines may result in temporary loss of online registration privileges.
Where do I go to download the MINDBODY Connect app?
The MINDBODY Connect app is the easiest way to find and register for your favorite Virtual Group Exercise Classes. Download the MINDBODY Connect app for free on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Who can I contact to troubleshoot issues with my MINDBODY account?
To receive assistance, please email us at email@example.com. We will do our best to help troubleshoot issues you may be having with MINDBODY. For issues that are beyond our ability to resolve, you may be asked to contact MINDBODY directly for advanced assistance.