Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2019 New Year New You Fitness Challenge, Feb. 4 – March 31
New Year New You is back at the Student Recreation Center!
Monday, Feb. 4 – March 31
Start 2019 the right way by working toward your fitness resolutions during this exciting eight-week incentive program. Just complete specified activities in essential goal areas: Cardio, Strength or Restorative! Perform eligible activities at the SRC and Oasis during the challenge to rack up points you can redeem for a New Year New You t-shirt, raffle entries and more.
- Sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal during the challenge period.
- Complete eligible activities in the Cardio Endurance, Muscular Strength, Power and Endurance and Restorative goal categories to earn one point.
- Participants can earn a daily maximum of one point per goal, or three points overall. Completion of the Bonus activity will earn participants a one-time award of five additional points.
- All activities must be completed at the SRC and Oasis Wellness Center and submitted through the SRC Challenges Portal the same day by 11:59 p.m.
- Winners will be randomly selected by Tuesday, April 2. If a winner does not claim their prize by Tuesday, April 9, a new winner will be drawn.
Participants are eligible for the listed raffle entries and prizes upon completion of the following minimum point requirements.
Level 1: 25 Points
- Receive a commemorative NYNY t-shirt (while supplies last).
- One raffle entry to win one of our NYNY Starter Packs (two packs available).
Level 2: 50 Points
- One raffle entry to win a Get Fit Starter Pack (two packs available).
Level 3: 80 Points
- One raffle entry to win a Wellness Essentials Pack.
Grand Prize Winners
All participants who reach Level 1 will be entered in the Grand Prize Raffle for a chance to win a CSUN Starter Pack.
Visit the SRC Challenges Portal to sign up and view a complete list of rules, eligible activities and raffle prizes. Step up to the challenge and ring in the New Year with a New YOU at the SRC…Where Matadors Play!
Fit in 6 Challenge, Feb. 4 – March 17
Take on the Fit in 6 Challengeat the Student Recreation Center!
Monday, Feb. 4 – Sunday, March 17
The Student Recreation Center is here to help you reach your fitness goals with the Fit in 6 Challenge! Over the course of six weeks, you’ll have access to weekly meetings with a personal trainer, fitness assessments, and four 30-minute training sessionsto aid you on your fitness journey. Participants who successfully complete the challenge will receive a $25 Visa gift card and be entered into a raffle to win one of three 10-session personal training packages! Take on the Fit in 6 Challenge and start on the path to a healthier you with the SRC…Where Matadors Play!
- All participants should be in good general health and/or receive clearance from a physician before participating in any type of physical activity and nutrition program. This program is to support the advice provided by medical professionals such as doctors, physical therapist, registered nutritionist, etc., and should not be used in place of.
- Participants are expected to complete all program requirements as listed:
- Initial group orientation meeting
- Weekly 1 hour meetings with Fit in 6 Lead
- 30-minute Check-in
- 30-minute Personal Training Sessions
Participate in one or more of the physical activities listed:
- In-house or other facility Group Exercise class
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, etc.)
- Complete all fitness assessments and consultation appointments.
- Track exercise and nutrition habits daily online.
- If at any time a participant is unable to complete any of the above requirements, advanced communication of at least 24 hours must be given to the Fitness Training Coordinator, Alfredo Padilla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-677-5525. Exceptions are not guaranteed and subject to the discretion of the fitness training coordinator.
- Refunds will not be provided unless the following situations occur:
- Participant completes all program requirements.
- A medical necessity to cease participation in the program by a licenses physician.
- Participants may request to work with a specific Fit in 6 lead, however, assignments will be based on a match in availability.
- Participants must complete all program requirements in order to be eligible to receive a $25 Visa gift card as well as be entered into the raffle to win the grand prize.
- Participants who meet the requirements will be entered to win one of three Personal Training Packages (10 sessions each).
Visit the SRC Portal to sign up. Reach your fitness goals this spring by taking the Fit in 6 Challenge at the SRC…Where Matadors Play!