Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2018 Fall Swim Challenge, Sept. 17 – Oct. 21
Take the Challenge to Win and Stay Fit this Fall at the SRC!
Monday, Sept. 17 – Sunday, Oct. 21
The Student Recreation Center Aquatics Department is inviting all members to swim for the distance of their choice this fall during the SRC Swim Challenge. Splash into shape at the Rec and Plaza Pools for your chance to win cool prizes and giveaways. The more you swim, the more you can win!
- Participants must complete their laps within the indicated five-week time period.
- Each teammate can record a maximum of 2,000 yards per day.
- The first participant to swim 50,000 yards wins the first place prize, with subsequent finishers placing second, third, fourth and fifth.
- Each participant will have to manually input their daily yards into the SRC Challenges Portal.
- Participants must sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal or during tabling sessions — not at the SRC front desk.
- 1st Place — $100 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 2nd Place — $75 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 3rd Place — $50 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 4th & 5th Place — SRC Towel Service (One Semester)
There will also be giveaways for those who reach the following distance milestones:
- 10k yds (400 laps) — Sunglasses
- 30k yds (1,200 laps) — Keychain Sunscreen
- 50k yds (2,000 laps) — Aquatics Mesh Bag
Sign up on the SRC Challenges Portal or in-person at the Aquatics tabling at the SRC. Swim Challenge begins on Monday, Sept. 17, so sign up early and get ready to go the distance!