June 26, 2019
Good afternoon, Principal Investigators and Research Administrators:
As you may know, summer 2019 additional pay is now open. I have attached the Summer 2019 How To Guide for Additional Pay.
Please remember the following when entering your request, or a request for another faculty:
- If you are working on a federal or federal pass-through project, you must choose “base salary pay rate” as payment type.
- Academic Year (AY) faculty have a total of 75 days available (125% of base time) for additional work during summer, including courses being taught. Please note that federal or federal pass-through projects may cover up to 100% time base (up to 60 days). The remainder may be paid from a non-federal project.
- 12-month faculty have a total of 15 days available (125% of base time) to use for additional work during summer. Please note that federal or federal pass-through projects may cover up to 100% time base (up to 12 days). The remainder may be paid from a non-federal project.
- If teaching a summer course, 12-month faculty cannot do any other additional work, and must claim vacation days to make up for the overage of teaching a course
- AY faculty who normally hold a full-time appointment during the academic terms can use job code 4660 on the State and Extended Learning modules instead of 2403
- FERP faculty cannot perform any summer work*
* Auxiliary employment for FERP participants may be allowable if the auxiliary does not participate in CalPERS (see Article 29.14 of the faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement)
As a reminder, all additional pay requests for work performed on or before June 30, 2019 must be submitted or accrued by Monday, July 1, 2019.
Please reach out to your respective liaisons, or to me, should you have any questions.