May 31, 2018
Dear Principal Investigators and Research Administrators:
Below is an email communication from the Office of Faculty Affairs regarding the summer additional pay. Please note that the system is currently available, however, it is not 100% ready for use. Currently, the system is expected to be completely ready by June 7, Thursday.
Please note the following regarding summer additional pay:
- Academic Year (AY) faculty can submit pre-authorization work up to 60 days (100%) on federal or federal pass through projects, and an additional 15 days (25%) on non-federal projects.
- If you are working on a federal or federal pass-through project, you must choose “base salary pay rate” as payment type.
- 12-month faculty have a total of 15 days (25%) available to use for additional work during the summer.
- If teaching a summer course, 12-month faculty cannot do any other additional work, and must claim vacation days to make up for the overage of teaching a course.
- FERP faculty cannot perform any summer work.
Important information to know regarding the additional pay system:
- If you choose session 1, May 29 through August 21 will appear as the start and end date for the request.
- Session 2 – May 29 through July 10
- Session 3 – July 11 through August 21
Please reach out to your respective liaisons, or to me, should you have any questions.