June 26, 2017
Dear Principal Investigators and Research Administrators:
In order to assist Principal Investigators with the monitoring of their project expenses during the upcoming closeout of the Fiscal Year, we would like to provide you with information on the available expense reports during this time:
- 1. Detail Trial Balance (DTB)
Beginning July 2, until August 15, 2017, recipients of DTB’s will receive the two following reports:
- Sponsored Programs - Fiscal Year 2016 -2017 Detail Trial Balance (listing cumulative expenses from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017. )
- Sponsored Programs - Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Detail Trial Balance
- At the beginning, this DTB will show only expenses incurred after July 1, 2017
- After the rollover of expenses, which is expected to happen by the end of July, this report will show the budgeted amounts and total cumulative expenses of the project, including last year’s expenses and the new year’s expenses
- 2. Budget Balance Available (BBA)
Beginning July 5, there will be two BBA reports available at the Sponsored Programs Website (http://www.csun.edu/sponsoredprograms/reports/ ) for each project.
- The first BBA report will show cumulated project expenses for the old FY 2016/17.
- The second BBA report will show project expenses only for the new FY 2017/18.
These two BBA reports will show on the webpage until expenses from the previous year are rolled over, which is expected to be happening by the end of July. Afterwards, again only one BBA report will show on the webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your liaison or me at firstname.lastname@example.org.