- CSUN Statement on Collegiality:
- 604.3 As a colleague, the faculty member:
1. Respects and defends the free inquiry of colleagues.
2. Shows due respect for the opinions of others in exchanges of criticism and ideas.
3. Acknowledges the contributions of others to the faculty member’s academic work.
4. Strives to be objective when engaged in the professional judgment of colleagues.
7. Does not engage in exploitative, harassing, or discriminatory behavior.
- Academic Bullying in Social Work Departments: The Silent Epidemic - http://www.nacsw.org/Publications/Proceedings2011/StilwellCAcademic.pdf
- White Paper on Civility (University of Maryland) - http://www.umaryland.edu/islsi/presidents-initiatives/symposium-and-white-paper-project/
- Mediating in the Academic Bully Culture: The Chair’s Responsibility to Faculty and Graduate Students - http://ous.edu/sites/default/files/dept/plan/workshop/AcademicBullyCulture.pdf
- Model K-12 Ant-Bullying Policy (Michigan) - http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/SBE_Model_AntiBullying_Policy_Revised_9.8_172355_7.pdf
- Harry Hellenbrand - When Words Flail (opposing bullying policies in favor of self-correction of academic speech) I think that the best response to bullying words is cogent response by other faculty and other academic administrators. They enact then what we all preach: the self-correction of academic speech. http://www.csun.edu/academic.affairs/academic-affairs-hellenbrand-whenwordsflail-021214.pdf
- Bullying Prevention and Response (Eastern Washington University) - http://cfweb.ewu.edu/policy/PolicyFiles/EWU_901_04.pdf
- Oregon State University Bullying Policy - http://eoa.oregonstate.edu
- Policy against Verbal Assault, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, and Defamation (Rutgers) - http://compliance.rutgers.edu/images/uploads/file/Policy_Against_Bullying_Harassment_Assault_Intimidation_Defamation.pdf
- Policy on Prevention of Harassment and Bullying (Charles Strut University, Australia) - http://www.csu.edu.au/about/policy
- UC Berkeley Workplace Violence Prevention (includes bullying) - http://campuspol.chance.berkeley.edu/policies/workplaceviolence.pdf
- The University of Southern Mississippi - https://www.usm.edu/student-affairs/code-student-conduct
- Call for a Policy on Workplace Bullying (University of South Carolina) - http://www.sc.edu/faculty/senate/13/agenda/Call_for_a_Policy_on_Workplace_Bullying_06-12-2013.pdf
A number of Universities have adopted policies or otherwise addressed workplace bullying and/or faculty disputes:
- University of California System
- University of Connecticut
- Johns Hopkins
- Penn State
- Northwestern University
- Old Dominion University
- University of Georgia - Dispute Resolution Coordinators
- University of Virginia