Senior Fellow Interest Form
What is a Senior Fellow?
- A Senior Fellow is a junior or senior psychology major or minor.You will participate in a training program for mentorship. This year, the training will be on September 7th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please confirm your availability and save this date.
- You will provide entry training, and individualized mentorship to Fellows.
- A Senior Fellow must also hold at least one office hour per week in room SH 304 (open to psychology students to attend).
- A Senior Fellow must have been enrolled at CSUN for at least 1 semester.
- To be considered, you must complete the questions below, and ask a faculty member to complete the faculty recommendation form no later than June 30th.
Benefits and Requirements for Senior Fellows:
- Receive units! Choose to enroll in PSY 499A (1 unit), PSY 499B (2 unit), or PSY 499C (3 unit)
- Involvement! Attend at least 6 Events (4 of which must be psych-based) with your fellow (if fellow is available).
- Helping others and potential resume booster! Meet with your matched fellow at least twice during the semester. Participate in helping with at least four CAPS-hosted event or activity. Host office hours once per week. Volunteer at events!
- Guided mentorship!
- Complete check-ins with the CAPS center managers throughout the semester, and attend training.
- Complete required paperwork
- Printing Privileges!