Senior Fellow Interest Form
What is a Senior Fellow?
- A Senior Fellow is a junior or senior psychology major or minor. You will participate in a training program for mentorship. This year, the training will be on September 1st from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please confirm your availability and save this date.
- You will provide entry training and individualized mentorship to Fellows.
- A Senior Fellow must also hold at least four office hours per semester in our CAPS room SH 304
- A Senior Fellow must have been enrolled at CSUN for at least 1 semester.
- To be considered, you must complete the questions below, and ask a faculty member to complete the faculty recommendation form.
Benefits and Requirements for Senior Fellows:
- Receive units! Choose to enroll in PSY 499A (1 unit, 4 office hours fewer mentees), PSY 499B (2 units, 8 office hours, up to 2 mentees), or PSY 499C (3 units, 12 office hours, up to 4 mentees).
- Involvement! Attend at least 2 Events (1 of which must be psych-based) with your fellow (if fellow is available).
- Helping others and potential resume booster! Meet with your matched fellow(s) at least three times during the semester. Participate in helping with CAPS-hosted events or activities. Host office hours once per week. Volunteer at events!
- Guided mentorship!
- Complete check-ins with the CAPS center managers throughout the semester, and attend training.
- Complete required paperwork
- Printing Privileges (when in-person).