Center for Achievement in Psychological Sciences (CAPS)
About the Program
Center for Achievement in Psychological Science (CAPS) is designed to connect psychology students with on-campus resources relevant to helping them complete their degree or pursue a career in psychology. We offer office hours with peer mentors (Senior Fellows) who can answer your questions about topics such as "what is this professor's class like?" to "what is APA format?!"
We also offer a wide range of fun activities and events throughout the semester. We also have a physical space in room Sierra Hall 304 for a space to hangout, charge your device, work on a computer, meet new friends, or see what's new in the psychology department. Team CAPS hopes to help you find your psychology family!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2018!
Applications are due JUNE 30th! See links below to apply.
- Wanting to meet new friends?
- Wanting to help others navigate the psychology major?
- Wanting opportunities to volunteer and help others? Want opportunities for professional development?
- Need elite access to on-campus printing?
- You may be interested in CAPS' fellowship mentoring program!
There are two tiers to the program.
- Join as a freshman or sophomore to become a "FELLOW". To apply for Fall 2018, please complete the Fellow Interest Form by June 30th.
- Join as a junior or senior to become a "SENIOR FELLOW" for Fall 2018. You must first check if there is availability to join. Note: You will need a recommendation form from a faculty member, and will enroll in PSY 499 (1unit), B (2 units), or C (3 units). To view further information, and apply, please fill out the Senior Fellow Interest Form by June 30th.
- If you're a faculty member that is completing a form of recommendation for a CAPS senior fellow, please fill out our online Faculty Recommendation Form.
Get Involved in Research
Jobs and Internships