Students wishing to apply to the Judicial Internship Program must submit the following materials:
1. A completed application form (.pdf). This application form is also available in the Political Science Department Office in Sierra Hall 210.
2. An unofficial transcript of all college work, including those from other institutions. DO NOT USE THE DPR REPORT.
3. A narrative of at least two, but not more than three pages (double-spaced), clearly setting forth your reasons for seeking the internship, what you consider to be your major strengths and qualifications for the Program, and what benefits you feel are likely to result from your participation. The narrative is very important; if you are accepted, it will also be reviewed by the judge to whom you are assigned.
4. A recommendation form (included in the application form above, but is also available in the Political Science Department office and can be downloaded here separately) from a CSUN professor. The completed, signed form should be placed by the recommender in an envelope and sealed in order to ensure confidentiality. In addition, you, the student, need to collect the sealed recommendation form and turn it in with the rest of your application.
5. Three copies of items 1., 2., and 3. are due in the Political Science Department Office in Room 210 of Sierra Hall by 5:00 p.m. on the due date. You do not need multiple copies of the recommendation form, just the signed original in a sealed envelope. Late applications will not be accepted.