The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Presents ...
Doctoral Scholars Program 2023-2024
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences (CSBS) Doctoral Scholars Program (DSP) aims to build a diverse, prepared faculty for service in the disciplines represented in CSBS. The DSP encourages both a focus on research and teaching. The DSP reflects CSUN values of a commitment to teaching, scholarship, and active learning; and the CSUN vision that is "inspired by the belief that our commitment to educational opportunity, inclusion and excellence will extend the promise of America to succeeding generations."
- Research and travel support
- Mentoring by a CSBS senior faculty member and Dean
- Participating in CSUN Faculty Development workshops
- Presenting research at the Dean's Research Colloquium
- DSP stipend in the amount of $5,500
- Research stipend $3,000
- Travel allowance $1,500
- An opportunity to teach a class in CSBS (based on availability; salary is provided for teaching and is in addition to stipends and travel allowance)
This program is open to doctoral degree candidates who are within 12 months of completing their degree requirements. Candidate degrees and dissertations must be reflective of the departments and disciplines within CSBS. Candidates must document that they have passed all qualifying examinations, and have an approved dissertation proposal. Ideal candidates will have completed the majority of their research and be in the advanced stages of writing. The DSP is reflective of the CSUN commitment to educational opportunity and inclusion.
Applicants who are part of an underrepresented group among CSBS faculty are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates are those who seek to work in a regional comprehensive state university environment and can demonstrate commitment to and engagement with diverse students and communities.
- Personal statement of vocational interest (up to three pages)
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation chair who must comment on expected time to degree
- Letter of recommendation from an individual who can comment on community and/or student engagement
- Current curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcript
Email materials to: CSBS.DSP@CSUN.EDU
Application deadline: September 1st, 2023 Award Notification: October 3rd, 2023
Two DSPs will be awarded for 2023-24