How to Apply for Admission to the Sustainability MA Program
Applications for Fall 2024 are open beginning October 1, 2023. We use a rolling admissions process and encourage you to apply by March 1, 2024. The application period will remain open until June 1, 2024.
Applicants are considered for admission to CSUN when they meet both university and individual department eligibility requirements.
To be considered for admission to CSUN as a graduate student in a master's program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have met one of the following conditions:
- Attained a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester units (or 90 quarter units),
- Attained a GPA of at least 3.25 in the last 30 semester credit hours (or 45 quarter units)
Note: Applicants who do not meet the GPA specified may be considered for admission if they can demonstrate other personal or professional experience that provides strong evidence of a commitment to sustainability (e.g., sustainability employment, service on a sustainability board or commission, etc.).
Step 1: Complete an online application through CalState Apply.
Step 2: Send official transcripts from each educational institute directly to CSUN’s Office of the Registrar. Detailed instructions on how to submit transcripts can be found here, under the “How to Apply” tab.
Step 3: Send the following materials directly to the Sustainability MA program at email@example.com
- A Statement of Purpose, no more than 1,000 words, that explains why you are seeking admission into the Master of Arts in Sustainability program, your proposed specialization, and how the program will contribute to the your personal and/or professional growth and success.
- A current resume/CV
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees. Please have your references send the letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to Dr. Amanda Baugh at Amanda.Baugh@csun.edu