Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time
Department of History
- Faculty, part-time
- Please Note:
- All part-time faculty appointments are temporary and do not confer academic rank.
- Final determination of part-time teaching assignments is contingent upon student enrollment figures and funding.
- Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
Fractional amount of base salary ($4,229 - $5,778) paid in six monthly installments
Effective Date of Appointment:
Fall 2022: August 24 – December 23, 2022 (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Hiring for the following course(s):
- HIST 510 Colloquium in Greek and Hellenistic History
- PhD in History preferred.
- ABD and enrollment in a PhD program will be considered.
- College-level teaching experience and evidence of teaching effectiveness required, as well as demonstrated commitment and ability to teach/mentor a diverse student population.
- July 21, 2022
- Applicants must submit a current resume and a cover letter which describes their contributions to diversity and indicates specific courses or areas they are interested in teaching and, whenever possible, times available for teaching assignments. The resume should include educational background, prior teaching experience, evidence of scholarship, and/or related professional experience. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide verification of terminal degrees.
Inquiries and applications should be addressed to:
Dr. Jeffrey Auerbach
Professor and Chair
Department of History
California State University, Northridge 91330
CSUN's Commitment to You:
CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with the community and the encouragement of innovation, experimentation and creativity. CSUN strives to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. An Equal Opportunity employer, CSUN is especially interested in candidates who make contributions to equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community.
For more information, visit the CSUN website.
About the College:
For information visit the CSUN College of Social and Behavioral Sciences website.
About the Department:
For information visit the CSUN Department of History website.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line (.pdf). Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the status of applicants. Please note that working in the state of California is a condition of employment.
Working in the State of California is a requirement of employment. CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more, visit our Matadors Forward site.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the History Department at 818-677-3566.