Please join us for a Career Fair hosted by the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the San Francisco Police Department Recruitment Unit and learn what it takes to join SFPD.
Join the SFPD – and be part of San Francisco's finest!
San Francisco is a world-class city with a world-class police force. From Fisherman's Wharf to Golden Gate Park and from Nob Hill to the Tenderloin, whether we're on foot patrol, horseback, or in squad cars, investigating felonies, responding to emergencies, or leading classes on public safety, we're working with you to help keep our community safe.
Entry level Police Officer: $103,116-$147,628
The San Francisco Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination of any kind is prohibited in all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and benefits.
- 6.25% Night shift differential pay
- 5% Speciality pay for Bomb Squad, K9, SWAT
- Longevity pay after 5 years of service
- Bilingual pay (various languages)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Annual sick leave buyout
- 80 hours of discretionary time annually
- Up to 120 hours of holiday pay at holiday rate
- 3 hours minimum court pay at overtime rate
- Countless overtime opportunities (Warriors
- games, Giants games, concerts, events)
- Uniform pay and equipment provided
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits for
- officers and dependents
- Over 80 specialized units (Marine Unit, SWAT,
- Horses, K-9, Bomb Squad, CSI, Community
- Engagement, Hondas, Motorcycles, Homeland
- Security, Hostage Negotiations, etc.)
- Spectacular waterfront views
- Work in an internationally known city
- Education compensation