If you need additional support navigating the rapid changes caused by the Coronavirus, please schedule an appointment with the Department of Africana Studies Mentor. Mentor appointments are avaialbe to assist students in small groups and one-on-one settings via Zoom.
Meet on a weekly or as-needed basis to:
- Outline steps to achieve academic, professional and personal growth goals.
- Discuss anxiety and coping stragegies.
- Receive guidance, support and encouragement.
Also, join on of our Zoom workshops. Topics include:
- Self-care in the face of crisis
- How to "Control the Clock" and be productive a a student suddenly working from home.
- Coping skills and the power of Self-Talk