The comprehensive resource and services list below have been created with new and continuing Graduate Students at CSUN in mind to help ensure that you have access to campus information intended to assist you in successfully navigating through your graduate program.
Student Life and Support: Graduate Students
Graduate Student Orientation, Handbook, and Forms
- Find the Form you need, from changes in your schedule to enrolling in your culminating experience and everything in between.
Writing Your Thesis, Graduate Projects and Dissertation Support
Getting Involved / Student Leadership
Expand your skills by taking on a leadership role
Student Government - Associated Students
Operate a campus non-profit organization - USU Board of Directors
Leading new students as an orientation leader
Serve your community by
Volunteering through Unified We Serve
Promoting health on campus by being a student peer educator
Showcasing the campus as a University Ambassadors
Gain valuable experience by
Connect with others by
Health and Wellness
Your Health Center
- Klotz Student Health Center: Free and low-cost services provided by doctors, nurses, and health educators. Telehealth Services also available.
- 8 Dimensions of Wellnesses during the COVID-19 Pandemic- Build resilience, cope with stress and positively impact your academics.
Personal Counseling Services
- Personal Counseling and Psychotherapy – Short-term Individual, Group, Psychiatric and Peer-to-Peer Mental Health Services.
- Need Immediate Help? Mental Health Crisis /Urgent Care Service
- Help Yourself! Videos, Blogs, and Presentations provided by the University Counseling Center
Recreation & Relaxation
- Stay active; anytime, anywhere! Find live and on-demand intramural, individual and group exercise programs at the Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Stay relaxed and revived amid the rush and activity of university life. The Oasis Wellness Center provides live and on demand content to help you meditate, managing stress and more.
Food and Housing Security
- Eat Healthy, even on a budget! CalFresh benefits and Healthy Living programs.
- CSUN Food Pantry, Housing Security and other Basic Needs: CSUN with a Heart.
- Get involved with your Northridge neighbors through the CSUN Institute for Community Health and Well-Being
- You@CSUN is an interactive online well-being platform intended to enhance your mental health, physical wellness, happiness and academic success.
Getting Help & Support
Classroom Assistance, Academic Support & More
- Technology Support
Receive individualized accommodations at The Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) department.
Get information on tutoring, writing labs, academic advisement and more
CSUN Mentorship Program helps students more easily navigate university life.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services (NCOD) provides communication access, leadership opportunities, scholarships and direct communication classes
Saftey, Advocacy & Legal Support
The Department of Police Services provides police and emergency services to CSUN 24hours a day.
Seek confidential resources to discuss matters related to sexual violence, relationship abuse, domestic violence, gender based harassment, and stalking through The Campus Care Advocates
Legal support services for CSUN students: Student Legal Support Clinic (“Clinic”)
Immigration related legal services for CSUN Students and their families, Staff and Faculty: DREAM Center
Taking Care of Yourself and Your Family
Obtain free and low-cost health services at Klotz Student Health Center
Receive high quality child care and development services for student parents at the Children’s Center
Connect to various CSUN basic needs resources on the CSUN With a Heart website
Receive nutrition assistance to help low-income individuals and families with CSUN Cal Fresh
The CSUN Food Pantry provides emergency nourishment and basic necessities at no cost
International Student Support
Apply for Financial Aid - How to
Scholarships - How to apply and other information
Check your Financial Aid Status
Learn How to Budget - Financial Literacy
- Thesis/Project/Dissertation Support Program
Scholarships & Resources for International Students
Jobs and Career exploration
Connecting with Your Community, Cultural Centers and More
African American/Students of Black descent – The Black House
American Indian Students - La Casita - American Indian Student Association (AISA)
Asian American/Pacific Islander Students-Glenn Omatsu House
Black Male Scholars cohort program designed to empower its students to recognize their academic potential through embracing the intersections of culture and identity.
Central American Students-La Casita – Central American United Student Association (CAUSA)
Chicano/Chicana/Latinx Students - The Chicano House
Former Foster Youth – EOP Resilient Scholars Program
Jewish Campus Life – Hillel
LGBTQIA+ Students - The Pride Center
Undocumented Students, Mixed Status Family - The DREAM Center
Veteran, Reservists, Dependent Students – The Veterans Resource Center (VRC)
WISDOM (Women Inspired to Succeed and Discover Opportunities through Mentoring) Black female mentoring and support program
Living In Housing? – Connect with your community within the residence halls
- Latinas Rising
- Black Male Initiative
- We Are Pride
- Black Girl Magic
- First Gen
- Hood Scholars
- Asian/Pacific Islander (API) Advocates
What is YOU@CSUN?
Read below or check out this one-minute video: YOU at College Overview Video
YOU@CSUN is a comprehensive online well-being platform intended to enhance your mental health, physical wellness, happiness and academic success. It personalizes your unique needs and provides opportunities to check in with yourself, set goals, explore strengths and areas for growth. If you are a new or returning graduate student here at CSUN, YOU@CSUN can help connect you to campus resources, as well as access additional resources specifically for graduate students, across three domains:
- Succeed: academics, career path, learning style and leadership
- Thrive: personal well-being, including physical and mental health
- Matter: purpose, community and social connections
How do I use YOU@CSUN?
You can connect with YOU@CSUN on your laptop, tablet or phone, at a time that is convenient for YOU! It is available 24/7/365. To get started, you will first want to create your own Personal Profile and take the Reality Checks for each of the three domains (Succeed, Thrive, and Matter). By creating a personal profile and completing these brief assessments, the YOU platform will customize content and resources for you!
Looking for Something To Do?
• Clubs and Organizations on MataSync
Interested in learning about Environmental Justice? Join us this October to learn more! Read more
This event is for students who are interested in attending CSUN in the future and would like to learn more about majors like Central American studies, English and philosophy. Learn more
Relax and restore yourself at the perfect time with the Oasis Wellness Center’s virtual Self-Compassion Healing Space with Dani Brown via Zoom. Read more