The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the director of the Klotz Student Health Center (SHC) to identify student needs as well as develop, implement and refine services to meet those needs. SHAC provides an essential link between CSUN student health and the CSUN student population. SHAC relays student health concerns and priorities and provides input on Klotz SHC programs and policies.
SHAC was established as a result of Executive Order 943 issued by the CSU Chancellors Office, effective April 2005.
According to EO 943, "Each president or designee shall establish a student health advisory committee. The committee shall be advisory to the president or designee and the Student Health Center on the scope of service, delivery, funding, and other critical issues relating to campus health services. Students shall constitute the majority of membership and the committee may include faculty, administrative, and staff members and shall include a representative from the Student Health Center. A student shall chair the committee".
- Assess health center programs to ensure student needs are met
- Recommend policy changes to better meet student needs
- Participate in regular monthly meetings during the academic year
- Assist in program related outreach activities as appropriate
Why join SHAC?
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Help to improve the quality of student life through better health
- Network with other campus leaders
SHAC Membership Requirements:
- Currently enrolled CSUN student.
- Ability to be a member for at least one full academic year.
- Ability to attend monthly in-person meetings.
- Interested in supporting the needs of CSUN student health.
All majors and class levels are welcome to serve on the committee.
SHAC membership forms are open at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters upon seat availability. If you are interested in joining SHAC, please complete the SHAC Membership form.
SHAC is currently accepting nominations for committee chair for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are interested in the chair position, please submit a SHAC Chair Nomination form.
If you are a staff or faculty member interested in participating in SHAC, please contact Gabriella Nguyen, Gabriella.Nguyen@csun.edu (818) 677-3685.