CURRENT KLOTZ STUDENT HEALTH CENTER OPERATIONS
The Klotz Student Health Center welcomes you and remains open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. We are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Thursday.
Our phone operating hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Our phone operating hours on Thursday is 9:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
Access Secure Messages
Watch your inbox! You may receive messages regarding meeting the CSU COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement. Please follow the step-by-step guide to access your secure messages.
*Remember to also complete your COVID-19 Vaccine Attestation. Thank you.
Until further notice, the following services are temporarily unavailable:
The following services are available for appointments:
- Acupuncture services: Online appointments are available for Acupuncture services through the MyHealth Portal and by calling the Klotz Student Health Center at 818-677-3666, Option 1.
- Chiropractic Care services: Online appointments are available for Chiropractic Care services through the MyHealth Portal and by calling the Klotz Student Health Center at 818-677-3666, Option 1.
- Dental Services will resume on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. To book an appointment or for more information, please call 818-677-3695.
- Physical Therapy services: To schedule an appointment for Physical Therapy services, please call the Klotz Student Health Center at 818-677-3666, Option 1.
We offer free Telehealth services. Telehealth is the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care with the use of a phone and/or videoconferencing capability.
Telehealth services available at the Klotz SHC include:
- Primary Care
- Sports Medicine
- Wellness Coaching
- Nutritional Counseling
- Travel Clinic Consultation
- Advance Directives/ Five Wishes
- Birth Control Education, Pregnancy Counseling, and Lactation Education
Please call (818) 677-3666, option 1 to schedule a telehealth appointment.
As new developments are occurring daily, we should prepare for the possibility that the Klotz SHC will remain open with reduced operating hours, or may close completely. The pharmacy hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday are from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The pharmacy business hours on Thursday are 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
We want to be sure that you do not run out of your medications. Please consider the following:
- The Klotz SHC Pharmacy will continue to fill existing refills during its regular business hours.
- If you decide to transfer your prescriptions to an off-campus pharmacy, please call the Klotz Pharmacy at (818) 677-3671 and we will assist you with this process. This phone line is available during our working hours.
- Students should attempt to move quickly with regard to prescriptions to avoid delays in receiving medications.
Curbside pickup is available! Please call (818) 677-3671 for more information regarding your prescriptions.
At this time, to schedule appointments, we request that you call (818) 677-3666, Option 1 between 8:00 am to 11:45 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Our phone lines open at 9:00 am on Thursday. You will be provided with assistance regarding your medical concerns.
- If you are on-campus and ill or injured, you are welcome to walk-in to the Klotz Student Health Center.
- As COVID testing appointments are scheduled online, we are temporarily suspending all online appointments for medical and specialty services. Please call the Klotz Student Health Center for any questions.
- For mental health services, please contact University Counseling Services.
What To Expect When You Arrive at the Klotz Student Health Center
To promote everyone’s health and safety, the following procedures are in place until further notice . All visitors to the Klotz Student Health Center must enter through the front door of the building only. There, you will be met by a clinician dressed in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including special clothing, a mask, and eye shield. The clinician will take your temperature and ask you a few questions to determine your infection risk.
- If you have no fever, recent travel, or contact with someone with COVID-19, you may proceed into the building.
- If you have a fever, recent travel, or contact with someone with COVID-19, you will be given further instructions by the clinician. Note: if you have had contact with someone with COVID-19 or COVID like symptoms in the last 14 days, please call the Klotz SHC at 818-677-3666 for advice before visiting in person.
Thank you for your patience with this new procedure. If you have any symptoms of illness, please call 818-677-3666, Option 1 to arrange an appointment before coming to the SHC. If the clinician decides the problem requires more extensive care than we can provide, we will help you get care at the nearest hospital. We welcome you at the SHC, but want to keep everyone as safe as possible.
If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 from any campus phone 24 hours a day. Campus police will answer the call and dispatch officers or paramedics as necessary. A medical emergency is any problem that may require immediate medical attention; it takes priority over less urgent medical complaints. Head injuries, difficulty breathing, chest pain, heavily bleeding wounds, repeated vomiting, extreme pain or feeling faint are just a few examples of emergencies.
If you walk in with an emergency during regular Klotz Student Health Center hours, you will be given immediate attention. If the clinician decides the problem requires more extensive care than we can provide, you will be treated at the nearest hospital.
Campus COVID-19 information and updates are available at CSUN Matadors Forward.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (818) 677-3666. For medical assistance outside our operating hours, please visit “After Hours Care”.