September 10, 2021
To protect yourself and those you love, the CDC recommends that everyone over the age of six months get a flu shot every year. The Klotz Student Health Center is now offering free flu shots to students ($35 for faculty/staff).
According to the CDC' 2021-2022 Flu Season FAQ:
A few things are different for the 2021-2022 influenza (flu) season, including:
- The composition of flu vaccines has been updated.
- All flu vaccines will be quadrivalent (four component), meaning designed to protect against four different flu viruses. For more information: Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine | CDC.
- Licensure on one flu vaccine has changed. Flucelvax Quadrivalent is now approved for people 2 years and older.
- Flu vaccines and COVID-19 vaccines can be given at the same time.
- More detailed guidance about the recommended timing of flu vaccination for some groups of people is forthcoming.
- Guidance concerning contraindications and precautions for the use of two flu vaccines – Flucevax Quadrivalent and Flublok Quadrivalent – were updated.
Flu shots will be given by appointment at the Klotz Student Health Center. To schedule your appointment please call, 818 677-3666, option 1. Please bring your ID.
*Individuals 65 and older may receive the standard flu vaccine. However, there is a “high-dose” alternative. Ask your healthcare provider for more information.