About the Geology Club
The CSUN Geology Club carries out and is responsible for the following events and activities:
- Encouraging non-geology students to develop an interest in the earth sciences
- Furthering the educations of geology students through field trips, guest speakers, and other club events
- Assisting the Geology Department with the annual Great ShakeOut
- Holding bi-weekly club meetings to discuss logistics, events, and student ideas and suggestions
All Geology majors are automatically accepted as members of the Geology Club, though students of other majors are also encouraged to join and are eligible to participate in most club activities.
If you are interested in becoming a member or would like to find out more about the CSUN Geology Club, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Geological Sciences at (818) 677-3541.
Geology Club Officers
Club officers are elected at the end of each school year and are responsible for organizing, running, and securing funding for all club activities and events. The officers for the 2023-24 school year are listed below:
- President - Ryan Parkyn
- Vice President - Portia Ibarra
- Secretary - Jordana Rataizer
- Treasurer - Mikayla Besket
- Event Coordinator - Genevieve Armstorff
- Faculty advisor - Julian Lozos
Information about club activities, events, and meetings, as well as other geology-related topics, can be found on the club’s Facebook page.
Announcements for events and activities are also made through the club’s Instagram.