- JANUARY 15th – applications due to the department (late applications will be accepted until April 15th but priority for admission and funding will be given to on-time applicants)
- LATE FEBRUARY/ EARLY MARCH – We will begin to notify applicants of the status of their applications.
- LATE AUGUST – classes begin.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GEOLOGY (M.S.) AND GEOPHYSICS (M.S.)
The following materials are required for admission to our graduate program. Departmental applications are due January 15th. Late applications will be reviewed as they are received up until April 15th. Priority for admission and financial support, however, will be given to those applications submitted on time.
PLEASE NOTE: There are TWO separate applications, one for the California State University Graduate system and one for the Department of Geological Sciences at CSUN.
BOTH applications must be completed in order to successfully apply to the department.
1. Electronic application to the California State University Graduate system found at:
2. Department of Geological Sciences application (DUE JANUARY 15) found at:
contact Dr. Elena Miranda (Graduate Advisor)