Checklist for Applying for Admission to the Department of Biology M.S. Program
1. Apply to the University
- If you choose to take and submit your General Graduate Record Examination (GRE), have the scores sent to CSUN Admissions and Records at CSUN GRE Institutional Code 4707. The General GRE is not required, but excellent scores could improve your application.
- Take the Biology Subject GRE (if required, usually for those who were not biology majors) and have the scores sent to CSUN Admissions and Records at CSUN GRE Institutional Code 4707.
- Apply to the University through Cal State Apply https://www2.calstate.edu/apply by the appropriate deadlines.
- Request official transcripts to be sent to CSUN Admissions and Records. Ideally this should be done 6-8 weeks before the application deadline.
2. Apply to the Department
- Contact Biology faculty whose research you are interested in. Do this well in advance of the application deadline if at all possible.
- Ask three people familiar with your academic or related work if they will write letters of recommendation.
- Submit the Department Application Form https://www.applyweb.com/cgibin/app?s=csun. You can upload unofficial copies of GRE scores and transcripts. You should give the system the email addresses of your recommenders, and it will send them a link to submit their letter.
If you have questions or problems, email .
Graduate Coordinator, Department of Biology, California State University, 18111 Nordhoff St. Northridge, CA 91330-8303