1. COVERAGE LIMITS:
Vendor/Contractor shall maintain for not less than the duration of the contract between Vendor/Contractor and University, at least the following types and amounts of insurance for claims that may arise from or in connection with services or products provided:
- General Liability - comprehensive or commercial with minimum limits of $2,000,000 per occurrence and $4,000,000 general aggregate.
- Business Automobile Liability - minimum limits for Owned, Scheduled, Non-Owned, or Hire Automobiles is $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury and property damage.
- Workers’ Compensation - evidence of coverage as required by the State of California, with Statutory Limits, and Employer’s Liability Insurance with a minimum limit of $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury or disease.
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions) – if applicable, minimum limits of $2,000,000 per claim and $2,000,000 aggregate.
- Cyber Liability Insurance – if applicable, with limits not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence or claim, $2,000,000 aggregate. Coverage shall be sufficiently broad to respond to the duties and obligations as is undertaken by Vendor in this agreement and shall include, but not be limited to, claims involving infringement of intellectual property, including but not limited to infringement of copyright, trademark, trade dress, invasion of privacy violations, information theft, damage to or destruction of electronic information, release of private information, alteration of electronic information, extortion and network security. The policy shall provide coverage for breach response costs as well as regulatory fines and penalties as well as credit monitoring expenses with limits sufficient to respond to these obligations.
Insurance shall be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best’s rating of no less than A: VII.
3. CERTIFICATE HOLDER:
a) Additional Insured:
All of the entities listed MUST be included as additional insured: The State of California, the Trustees of The California State University, California State University, Northridge and employees, officers, directors, volunteers and agents (collectively “University”) are to be covered as additional insureds on the CGL policy with respect to liability arising out of work or operations performed by or on behalf of the Contractor including materials, parts, or equipment furnished in connection with such work or operations. General liability coverage can be provided in the form of an endorsement to the Contractor’s insurance.
b) Primary, Non-Contributory Insurance:
For any claims related to any project, the vendor/contractor's insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects the State of California, the Trustees of The California State University, California State University, Northridge, and employees, officers, directors, volunteers, and agents (collectively “University”). Any insurance or self-insurance maintained by the Campus, its officers, officials, employees, or volunteers shall be in excess of the Contractor’s insurance and shall not contribute with it.\
c) Waiver of Subrogation:
Contractor hereby grants to Campus/Auxiliary a waiver of any right to subrogation which any insurer of said Contractor may acquire against the Campus/Auxiliary by virtue of the payment of any loss under such insurance. The contractor agrees to obtain any endorsement that may be necessary to affect this waiver of subrogation, but this provision applies regardless of whether or not the Campus/Auxiliary has received a waiver of subrogation endorsement from the insurer.
The Workers’ Compensation policy shall be endorsed with a waiver of subrogation in favor of the Campus for all work performed by the Vendor/Contractor, its employees, agents, and subcontractors.
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION:
Each insurance policy required by this clause shall be endorsed to state that coverage shall not be canceled by either party, except after thirty (30) days prior written notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, has been given to the Campus.
Vendor/Contractor must submit certificates of insurance to the Office of Risk Management and Insurance via the PlanetBids access information provided by the CSUN Purchasing Department.
No purchase order will be issued until receipt of the certificates of insurance.
The vendor/contractor MUST NOT perform any work or services prior to the issuance of the purchase order.
If you have any questions, please contact (818) 677-6830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.