California State University, Northridge is interested in doing business with your company. Please provide a current certificate of insurance and additional insured endorsements.
We have included for your reference sample insurance documents for vendors & contractors doing business with CSUN. The California State University system requires certain language be placed on the additional insured endorsements for both general liability and auto liability policies.
Vendor/Contractor shall maintain, or cause to be maintained, for not less than the duration of the contract between Vendor/Contractor and University, at least the following types and amounts of insurance for claims which may arise from or in connection with services or products provided.
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits each Occurrence $2,000,000, General Aggregate $4,000,000
- Business Automobile Liability: minimum limits or Owned, Scheduled, Non-Owned, or Hire Automobiles with a combine single limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Worker’s Compensation: evidence of coverage as required by the State of California, with Statutory Limits, and Employer’s Liability Insurance with minimum limit of $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury or disease.
- Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions): if applicable, minimum of $1,000,000 per claim and $2,000,000 aggregate.
Insurance shall be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best’s rating of no less than A:VII.
Att: Insurance & Risk Management
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8458
The general liability and automobile liability policies are to include additional insured endorsements that contain the following provisions:
- Additional Insured: The State of California; the Trustees of the California State University; California State University, Northridge; and their officers, agents, volunteers and employees are to be included as additional insured with respect to liability arising out of automobiles owned, leased, hired or borrowed by or on behalf of the vendor/contractor; and with respect to liability arising out of work or operations performed by or on behalf of the Vendor/contractor including materials, parts or equipment furnished in connection with such work or operations, General liability coverage is to be provided in an endorsement to the vendor/contractor's insurance, or as a separate owner's policy.
- For any claims related to any project, the vendor/contractor's insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects the Campus, its trustees, officers, employees, representatives and volunteers. Any insurance or self-insurance maintained by the Campus, its trustees, officers, employees, or volunteers shall be excess of the vendor/contractor's insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- Each insurance policy required by this clause shall be endorsed to state that coverage shall not be cancelled by either party, except after thirty (30) days prior written notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, has been given to the Campus.
- All rights of subrogation under the insurance policies have been waived against the Campus.
Vendor/Contractor must submit certificates of insurance to the Office of Risk Management and Insurance for requirements verification.
No purchase order will be issued until receipt of the certificates of insurance.
The vendor/contractor MUST NOT perform any work or services prior to the issuance of the purchase order.
If you have any questions, please contact Cyndi Paull at (818) 677-6830 or email email@example.com.