Research and Graduate Studies - Research

Permit Required to Fly Drones on Campus

July 21, 2017

Any individual or group wanting to operate an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) on CSUN property must obtain prior written approval from the campus UAS Committee.  Any employees wanting to operate a University-owned UAS off-campus must also be cleared to do so by the UAS Committee.  This policy provides information on how to apply for approval to safely and properly operate a UAS on University property, or a University-owned UAS off-campus.