(October 2021) Welcome to the Provost’s Office landing page, where you can find the latest updates on programs and activities that are at the heart of our mission at CSUN. During this 2021-2022 academic year, key initiatives include the Revised Faculty Recruitment Plan, focused on best practices in equitable faculty searches; The Road Map to the Future, a strategy for the university that builds on the feedback that emerged from President Beck’s 100-day listening tour; and “Matadors Forward,” our effort to safely repopulate the campus. Continue reading for details.
Mary Beth Walker, Ph.D.
Provost, Vice President of Academic Affairs
Update on Faculty Hiring Equity Initiative (updated October 2021)
- The Common Human Resources System (CHRS or PageUp), launched August 5, 2021, is now fully in use. It will ensure efficient data collection on faculty searches along with enhanced reporting and analytics.
- Faculty Equity Advocates have been consulting with search committees on faculty position announcements, recruiting plans, and the hiring process.
- A fully revised EEO training module has been designed and implemented for Search and Screen Committee members; initial training sessions have been held and will continue.
- More than half of open tenure-track faculty positions, 25 of 48 (as of 10/11/21), have been posted and advertised in an expanded list of publications to ensure a diverse applicant pool.
- College-specific Faculty Equity and Compliance Representatives will be hired for Spring 2022; the application deadline was September 30, 2021, and applications are now being reviewed.
CSUN is fully committed to advancing faculty diversity, and faculty searches will benefit tremendously from these new resources and processes. More information will be forthcoming as available.
Road Map to the Future (updated October 2021)
The Road Map to the Future is a strategy for the university based on the themes and feedback that emerged from President Beck’s 100-day listening tour. The Steering Committee of the Road Map has been formed and has begun to meet. For details on membership and to read the Presidential Charge, please see www.csun.edu/provost/road-map-future.