Are you interested in attending California State University, Northridge? Concerned about the cost of out-of-state tuition?
California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is a participating member of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).
Through WUE, students in western states and two U.S. insular areas may enroll in many two-year and four-year undergraduate college programs at a reduced tuition level (150 percent of the institution's regular resident tuition).
|How much would I save with WUE?|
|Resident tuition and mandatory fees per term||Formula: |
$2,871 (tuition) + $786 (fees)
|Nonresident tuition plus resident tuition and fees per term|
|WUE tuition (150% of resident tuition) and fees per term||Formula: |
$4,306.50 (WUE tuition) + $786 (fees)
|WUE savings per term||Formula: |
$9,597 (nonresident tuition and fees) minus $5,092.50 (WUE tuition and fees)
|WUE annual savings (two terms)||Formula:|
$4,504.50 (WUE savings) x 2 terms
Notes: The tuition rate shown above is for enrollment in the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 academic year, assuming 30 credit hours per year (i.e., 15 units in each fall and spring semester). WUE students must enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester. Learn more about the cost of attendance. For more information and updates, visit CSUN's University Cash Services, including the Student Disclosure for Tuition and Other Fees.
To receive the WUE tuition rate at CSUN, an admitted student must be a resident of one of the following states or U.S. insular areas: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), and Guam.
WUE participants may select any undergraduate major offered by CSUN and receive the WUE tuition rate. Visit the University Catalog to explore CSUN majors and options and find department contact information.
Maintain full-time enrollment at 12 or more units each semester that you attend and be in good academic standing with the institution.
- WUE students are not eligible for California resident tuition. Students cannot apply time accrued while participating in the WUE program to establish California residency.
- Students may receive the WUE tuition rate for 6 years or until the completion of the bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
How to Apply
Following your admission to CSUN, take these steps to apply to participate in the WUE program:
1. Please follow these guidelines:
- You may apply for the WUE savings rate if you’re a resident of one of WICHE’s 16 member states/U.S. territories (CNMI and Guam).
- You may apply to participate in WUE at CSUN at any time. However, your request to participate will be considered only after you are admitted to CSUN.
- For admissions information, see Prospective Students and review the requirements for nonresident applicants.
2. Review, complete and sign the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Contract (PDF) form.
Mail your completed WUE Contract to:
Office of Admissions — CSUN
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
Alternatively, you may email the completed WUE Contract to email@example.com.
If any additional application materials are required, the CSUN Office of Admissions will contact you.
What Happens Next?
- You will receive an email from the CSUN Office of Admissions confirming our receipt of your WUE Contract within 10 business days.
- After your admission to CSUN, we will apply the WUE savings rate to your CSUN student financial account. Helpful: View My Student Financial Account How-To Guide
- Maintain your WUE status by enrolling full time (at least 12 units in each fall and spring semester) and remaining in good academic standing during your CSUN studies.