We are excited that you are considering becoming a CSUN Matador! You’ve started an important journey with us and we hope we can help pave the way for you to join our vibrant university community. You are a transfer student if you have earned college credit after the summer immediately following high school graduation. As a transfer student, you'll find the steps below helpful to guide you down this path. If you have questions along the way, you can always contact us at (818) 677-5928 or email@example.com.
Steps for both Veterans and Veteran Dependents are listed below. Be sure to follow the steps that pertain to you. For Veterans, CSUN is open to both upper-division and lower-division transfer students. Veteran lower-division transfer students are encouraged to contact our CSUN Veteran Affairs Office for information on requirements and how to apply. Veteran Dependents, please refer to the link in the first step listed below for admission criteria.
Veterans - Please follow the steps listed below:
- Review the Transfer Admission Requirements and tell us if you anticipate an obstacle. Lower-division transfer applicants should contact our CSUN Veterans Affairs office at (818) 677-5928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty and the Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Even if you do not plan to claim veterans education benefits, you can upload DD 214 in order to qualify for priority registration. To upload the documents that certify your eligibility for VA education benefits through the CSUN Portal, see the Veterans Educational Benefits Certification guide.
- Request your Joint Services Transcripts/Community College of the Air Force.
- To apply for admission, go to Cal State Apply. Your eligibility for the $70 application fee waiver will be calculated automatically when you complete the "Income and Household Questions" section. To submit the online application, the fee must be paid or waived.
- Submit all official college transcripts to CSUN by contacting previously attended colleges or universities. Helpful: eTranscript California
Veteran Dependents - Please follow the steps listed below:
- Verify you meet the criteria for First-Time Transfer Students.
- To apply for admission, go to Cal State Apply. If you are a California resident, your eligibility for the $70 application fee waiver will be calculated automatically when you complete the "Income and Household Questions" section. To submit the online application, the fee must be paid or waived.