We are excited that you are considering becoming a CSUN Matador! You’ve started an important journey with us and we hope we can help pave the way for you to join our vibrant university community. You are a first-time freshman if you have earned no college credit after the summer immediately following high school graduation. As a first-time freshman, you'll find the steps below helpful to guide you down this path. If you have questions along the way, you can always contact us at (818) 677-5928 or email@example.com.
Veterans - Please follow the steps listed below:
- Review the First-Time Freshman Eligibility Requirements and tell us if you anticipate an obstacle.
- Submit DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty and the Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Even if you do not plan to claim veterans education benefits, you can upload DD 214 in order to qualify for priority registration. To upload the documents that certify your eligibility for VA education benefits through the CSUN Portal, see the Veterans Educational Benefits Certification guide.
- Request your Joint Services Transcripts / Community College of the Air Force.
- To apply for admission, go to Cal State Apply. Your eligibility for the $70 application fee waiver will be calculated automatically when you complete the "Income and Household Questions" section. To submit the online application, the fee must be paid or waived.
- You must submit an official high school transcript with the graduation date posted in order to qualify for admission. Contact your high school records office to request the transcript. (If you have attended a California community college, please see eTranscript California.)
Please Note: Though California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is impacted for first-time freshman applicants, student veterans are EXEMPT from both kinds of impaction (local admission area and impacted major requirements).
Veteran Dependents - Please follow the steps listed below:
- Verify you meet the criteria for First-Time Freshmen.
- To apply for admission, go to Cal State Apply. If you are a California resident, your eligibility for the $70 application fee waiver will be calculated automatically when you complete the "Income and Household Questions" section. To submit the online application, the fee must be paid or waived.