Prospective Students

  • Female and male student working together in the lab.

    I am a Future International Student

  • Watch Paula's Video Story.

    Why CSUN: Sharing the Student Story

Domestic Applicants With International Transcripts

A domestic student with international transcripts does not require a student visa (F-1 or J-1) to study in the U.S. but has completed some high school, college or university course work at an accredited educational institution outside the United States, its territories or protectorates. It may help to know that a domestic student with international transcripts is sometimes referred to as having "mixed records."

To be considered for admission as a domestic student with international course work, you’ll need to do all of the following:

  1. Review the CSUN admissions criteria and application steps for your class level either as a first-time freshman, first-time transfer, or graduate student.
  2. Send us all OFFICIAL academic records for secondary and post-secondary course work taken outside the U.S., including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records.
  3. Send us official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations.
  4. Have official transcripts for course work taken in the U.S. sent directly from the U.S. institution(s) to CSUN. If you have attended a California community college, you may be able to save time and money with eTranscript California. Note:Please do not send us identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts.
  5. Send all OFFICIAL domestic and international transcripts and translations to:

  6. CSUN - Admissions and Records
    Attention: International Admissions
    18111 Nordhoff Street
    Northridge, CA 91330-8207

  7. Depending on your situation, you may be required to meet the English language proficiency requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable exam. To find the required minimum scores, visit Future International Student Applicant and select your class level. Please note that some graduate programs require a higher score for admission than the university minimum. Graduate applicants, please check with the individual graduate program.
  8. Please review the Pre-Admission Disclosure for Academic Programs Leading to Licensure and Credentialing.