Review admission eligibility requirements on the individual program website before applying to your CSUN doctoral program.
DOCTORAL PROGRAMS REQUIRE A SEPARATE DEPARTMENTAL APPLICATION.
Contact the department of interest listed at Graduate Programs or visit Application Dates & Deadlines for the departmental application requirements and deadlines.
CSUN offers the following doctoral programs:
- Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership for PreK-12 and Community College cohorts (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Professional Degree (D.P.T.)
- Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.)
How to Apply to the University
- Check your graduate program status at Application Dates & Deadlines to determine if your program of interest is currently accepting applications.
- Complete the CSU university application at Cal State Apply. Have important documents (grades, transcripts, test scores) handy when completing the application.
- Submit official college transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended, even if the course work was not completed.
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts).
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted.
- Find out if you also need to provide a duplicate set of official paper transcripts to the individual graduate program/department.
- All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official:
- Electronic transcripts:
- When ordering your school's electronic transcripts, choose "CSU Northridge" as the recipient.
- If you have any California community college transcripts, please review eTranscript California and have the transcripts sent through this system.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts!
- Paper transcripts must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the following address:
California State University, Northridge
Office of the Registrar
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
Take the following steps to ensure the rest of your admission process goes smoothly:
- Set up your CSUN Portal and CSUN email. Watch for the “Activate Your CSUN Account” email from the Office of Admissions sent to the address you provided in Cal State Apply. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. For help, see account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log in to the CSUN Portal, locate My Checklist, and review any Incomplete Tasks. For help with the portal, see the How-To Guides.
- Verify your mailing address in the CSUN Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email, by regular mail, and in the CSUN Portal.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
You and your family should take time to understand what your costs will be so you can make informed choices when preparing for this next step in your education. Visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships page to determine how these resources can assist with the costs of attendance.
For estimates on the cost of attending CSUN and the amount of grants and other financial aid that may be available to you, use the CSUN Net Price Calculator.
For the most up-to-date information regarding tuition and other fees, refer to the Student Finance website.