Applications will be reviewed in the months following the application deadline. Initial admission decisions will be based on the information you reported on your application, the transcripts that you submit, and the academic qualifications of the applicant pool. Your fall admission decision will be available in the CSUN Portal as early as mid-March.
Take the following steps to ensure a smooth applicant experience:
- Create your CSUN Portal account.
- Locate the “Activate CSUN User ID and Password” email sent to you by the Office of Admissions after you submitted your application.
- Visit the CSUN reset password page and enter your birthdate and your CSUN user ID, 9-digit student ID number or CSUN email address. Select the Next button.
- Once you select Next, an email or text message (your choice) with a temporary password will be sent to you.
- Go back to the CSUN Portal login page.
- On the Account Authentication screen, enter your CSUN user ID and the temporary password you received by email or text message.
- Select Login.
- Check your admission status periodically in the CSUN Portal and update your personal contact information.
- Check your CSUN email often as it's our primary form of communication throughout the admissions process. If you forward your CSUN Gmail messages to another account:
- Be sure to add the CSUN sender's email address to your contact list.
- We recommend setting up automatic forwarding through your CSUN email account, where you’ll have the option to “Keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox.” Then, if a forwarded message is lost, you can still read the stored copy in CSUN email. Visit Gmail Help: Automatically forward mail to another email account.
Need help? Visit CSUN Account Information.
Keep your grades up!
If you are admitted, courses you listed on your application as "in progress" or "planned" must be completed with grades of C- or higher by the end of the spring term of your senior year. Out-of-state applicants must earn grades of B or higher. You must also maintain your reported overall GPA. If you earn a grade of D or F during your senior year, or if your GPA drops below what was reported on your application, or if you misreported a required course, any offer of admission may be withdrawn.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss an admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.
Application Status Check
- Review your CSUN Portal Checklist for your status. Helpful: My Checklist Guide
- Admission notices will be available by mid-March in CSUN Portal.
No CSUN Portal account?
Use your CSUN User ID to create a CSUN Portal account. Your User ID will be emailed to you within two days of applying to CSUN.