There are three registration periods in the fall, spring and summer terms. What you can do in each period varies.
- By appointment only.
- Add, drop or swap classes and change the basis of grading using the self-service registration system as soon as your enrollment appointment arrives and thereafter.
- Wait listing for closed classes is available from the start of registration (fall and spring semesters only) through the end of the first week of classes.
- Registration to repeat courses previously taken at CSUN is not permitted until Nonrestrictive Registration.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Online, self-service registration continues.
- Wait listing for closed classes continues (fall and spring only).
- Repeating courses previously taken at CSUN is permitted as soon as Nonrestrictive Registration begins.
Late Registration/Schedule Adjustment
- Begins the first weekday of classes.
- You may continue to add, drop, or swap classes and change the grading basis of a class online using self-service registration.
- Access to online self-service registration ends at 11:59 pm the fourth Friday of fall or spring classes.
- Learn more at Late Schedule Changes.