The CSUN Ally Project strives to create a network of CSUN students, faculty and staff who are visible supporters of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer individuals, as well as anyone dealing with sexual orientation or gender identity issues.
Allies don’t have to be experts, just someone who cares about the LGBTQ community. Allies offer support to LGBTQ and questioning students by respecting them, listening to their concerns and helping them access campus resources. To help facilitate presentations, please submit a completed request a minimum of 14 days prior the desired date.
The Pride Center offers a wide range of workshops on varying identities and topics, such as:
1. Pride Center Overview: A workshop detailing the mission, vision and programs within the Pride Center.
2. LGBTQ from A to Z: An interactive workshop that covers LGBTQ terminology, coming out, gender identity, how to be an ally and Pride Center resources. After attending a LGBTQ from A to Z presentation, those interested in becoming allies will receive a sticker or button to show their support.
3. Trans 101/Gender Variance Introduction: A workshop that covers the fundamentals of gender identity terminology, transphobia, the distinction between sexual and gender identity and transgender allyship.
4. LGBTQIA Inclusivity: A workshop designed for Greek organizations and clubs to promote LGBTQ inclusivity and diversity. This workshop will promote understanding, awareness and inclusivity within student-led organizations.
5. Other: Our presentations can be modified to accommodate your needs. Please have an accurate and detailed description of your presentation and allow sufficient time for your request to be processed by our presenters.