From: Vice President William Watkins on behalf of A.S. President Tiffany Zaich
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 2:54 PM
Subject: Open Forum of the CSU Trustee Workgroup on Student Success Fees
This email is being sent on behalf of A.S. President Tiffany Zaich:
I am writing to invite the CSUN community to attend an open forum being held on campus by the California State University Trustee Workgroup on Student Success Fees on Monday, September 22, 2014, in the Ferman Presentation Room at the Oviatt Library, from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. The Associated Students is pleased to be hosting this meeting of the Workgroup. Faculty, students and staff are invited to discuss category II student success fees. The workgroup would like to hear from all interested parties about their views on student success fees as outlined below.
As you may know, CSU Executive Order 1054 provides for the establishment of all student tuition and fees, including Category II campus-based mandatory fees such as student success fees (e.g., CSUN has the Campus Quality Fee). This workgroup was formed in response to inquiries from trustees, faculty, students, staff and legislators about student success fees and their roles within the California State University system. The charge to the workgroup is to study and present findings on the following:
- The process and history by which category II campus-based mandatory fees are enacted and the approval process;
- The notification process by which the Board of Trustees and Chancellor are informed of category II fee discussions on campuses;
- The accountability and outcome reporting process to the stakeholders of category II fees to include, the Board of Trustees, students, faculty and staff and the public at large;
- The impact of category II fees on student success, and affordability;
- The inequity of category II fees across the 23 campus system, with an additional overlay of racial, socioeconomic, and academic readiness data.
The Workgroup's members include: Douglas Faigin, Member, Board of Trustees; Talar Alexanian, Member, Board of Trustees; Jeffrey D. Armstrong, President, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo; Mildred Garci'a, President, CSU Fullerton; and Timothy P. White, Chancellor, CSU
The official notice for the meeting may be found here.
For those unable to attend in person, the meeting will be webcast live here and archived here. Anyone unable to attend but wishing to leave written comments, may do so here.
A.S. Hosts Student Success Fee Open Forum
September 15, 2014
On September 22, 2014, Associated Students (A.S.) will host an open forum being held by the California State University Trustee Work Group On Student Success Fees. The open forum will be held from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Ferman Presentation Room in the lower level of the Oviatt Library.
More details about the meeting are available in the message sent by A.S. President Tiffany Zaich below: