It’s not a check, it’s a WARRANT. The State Controller’s Office (SCO), which issues your pay, refers to pay checks as PAY WARRANTS.
It comes from the State. The SCO (in Sacramento) prints and mails live pay warrants to the campus.
- Your Pay is issued monthly:
- Pay for salaried faculty and staff members is usually issued on the last day of the month or the first day of the next month.
- Hourly employees, student workers, shift differentials, bonuses, stipends, excess plus and special payments are paid on the 15th of each month. If the 15th of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday or University holiday, payday will be the prior business day.
- You can view the current Pay/Payroll Calendar here.
- All CSUN employees who are not on Direct Deposit will have their pay warrants mailed to their address on file by U.S. Mail. This distribution method promotes proper social distancing and campus safety standards.
- In order to ensure timely receipt of a pay warrant, login to the myNorthridge portal and verify that your home address is accurate. You can do this by navigating to the Staff tab and accessing the Human Resources/Employee pagelet. In the pagelet select update my personal info.
- If you are enrolled in Direct Deposit, your earnings are wired from the State Controller’s Office to the designated financial institution on pay day. You can learn more about enrolling in Direct Deposit here.
- What a Warrant Entails:
- For a detailed Pay Warrant Legend explaining your pay warrant, please go to: http://www.csun.edu/sites/default/files/pay_warrant_legend.pdf.
- You can learn more about the payroll process by reviewing the Payroll Basics website.
- Record Keeping | Cal Employee Connect
- All employees may view their pay (warrant/advice) details and IRS Form W-2 by registering with Cal Employee Connect (CEC). CEC is a secure site run by the State of California’s State Controller’s Office and allows state employees to view paycheck information for the current tax year and two prior tax years and view Form W-2 for the past three tax years. Access to CEC is available for current and former state employees. More information can be found here: https://www.csun.edu/payroll/cec