Welcome to the homepage of the Linguistics/TESL Department at California State University, Northridge, an interdisciplinary department in the College of Humanities. We draw our teaching and advisory faculty from the ranks of linguistically-trained full-time faculty housed in several campus departments along with part-time faculty who have expertise in specific areas of linguistics. The Linguistics/TESL Department offers a major in linguistics and minors in linguistics and TESL at the bachelor's level and a certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). We also offer an M.A. in Linguistics and an M.A. in TESL.
Welcome to Linguistics
- Job opening: Assistant Professor, Tenure-track, Semantics and Pragmatics
- Congratulation to our student, Jessica Edmond-Parizek, who had her proposal to present at CATESOL accepted.
- Please join us for the Linguistics/TESL Graduation Party: May 20th at 3 p.m. in the USU, Thousand Oaks Room.
- Linguistics in Practice Institute (LIPI) 2017, May 6, 2017, 11 am-4 pm, USU. Check details here!
- Congratulations to our TESL students who presented at the CSUN Annual Research and Service Symposium