Application Instructions for Academic First Year Experiences (AFYE)
- See position announcements for electronic submission instructions. Please do not email your application materials.
- If you are applying to teach both U100 and U396A:
- Submit one to either submission link
- Letter of Intent
- Submit one that clearly addresses all of the details specified in all of the relevant position announcements.
- Submit to either submission link
- Submit two, one for each course
- Submit each to the appropriate submission link (100 or U396A)
- Professional Recommendation Forms
- Submit two, total
- Link to form: https://forms.gle/qBsRdjLhZtMk7wVZ9
New AFYE Applicants
- New AFYE applicants (or those who have not applied or taught an AFYE course within the last 5 years)
- Submit a complete application (see position announcement for details)
Returning AFYE Applicants
- Recent AFYE applicants (those who have taught or applied to teach an AFYE course within the last 5 years)
- This is only required if the resume/CV in our files is older than 5 years or if there have been updates you would like us to have.
- Letter of Intent
- If you are applying to teach a in a pool you have been a part of in the last 5 years, your letter of intent only needs to state which pool(s) you are applying to.
- If you are applying to a pool you have never been in, your letter of intent must address all of the details specified in the relevant position announcement(s).
- Submit your reflection, as described in the position announcement.
- Professional Recommendations
- Not required. However, if you would like to replace one or more of your previous recommendations, please send a written request to Academic First Year Experiences and specify which recommendation(s) you would like to replace and who the new recommendation(s) will come from.
CSUN Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
- CSUN tenured/tenure-track faculty: The professional recommendations referred to in the position announcements are not required as part of your application; all other application components are require
Professional Recommendation Form
Link to form: https://forms.gle/qBsRdjLhZtMk7wVZ9
The University 100 Steering Committee manages and monitors the course, assists in its continuing development, and helps design professional development for new and continuing faculty members teaching the course.
Director, Student Development & Transitional Programs
Interim Director, CSUN Career Center
Coordinator, Student Success & Equity
Director, Academic First Year Experiences & Professor of Kinesiology
Course Coordinator, Academic First Year Experiences
Faculty, Academic First Year Experiences
Director, Common Reading Program
April Z. Taylor
Professor of Child & Adolescent Development
Chair & Professor of Child & Adolescent Development
Academic First Year Experiences
Valera Hall 280
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8370
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m