CSUN’s Deaf Education And Families (DEAF) Project empowers families with children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (DHH), connecting them with the most effective services and the greatest educational opportunities. The DEAF Project emphasizes educational programs that focus on children’s abilities, helping them lead productive and enriched lives.
Did You Know
These five tips can help strengthen communication in your home:
- Make a family photo album with your Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing child
- When attending family gatherings, have everyone wear name tags
- Be mindful of casual conversation in the home
- Make a point to connect your child with other DHH children through Deaf camps, day trips and other accessible activities
- Travel plans? Make vacation travel more accessible to your child by providing a visual map and outlining your route ahead of time