SBS Tutoring & Writing Workshops
- CSBS Tutoring Center
- The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers free drop-in statistics, methods, and writing tutoring to all students enrolled in Africana Studies, Anthropology, Criminology & Justice Studies, Geography & Environmental Studies, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, and Urban Planning and Studies courses.
- Africana Studies Writing Center and Reference Library
- The Department of Africana Studies Writing Center which started operations in 1982 was designed primarily to provide supplemental assistance to mainly Black and other under-presented students who manifest problems with writing and reading skills. Today, it has become a valuable resource for students at CSUN while servicing well over 200 of them each year.
- Michael Patterson History Writing Center
- The Michael Patterson History Writing Center provides support for students in History classes who want to improve their writing skills. To schedule an appointment, please call the History Department at (818) 677-3566.
- Social Science Writing Project Workshops
- The Social Science Writing Project is an initiative to teach, encourage, inspire, and support student writing in the social sciences. The SSWP is hosting a series of twenty workshops for students on topics ranging from sentence construction, to writing a literature review, to proper citation, and many more. Visit the CSBS SSWP website to view our current schedule.
- Barbara Ann Ward Language Center
- EDUC 201: Raise Your GPA
- EOP/Resilient Scholars
- EOP/TRIO SSSP
- A significant percentage of college students have a difficult time enjoying their learning opportunities while in college. Many students have experienced "mini" academic traumas before they enter college that reduce their confidence to learn new and difficult material. Recognizing that confidence and enjoyment in learning are two important variables in achieving academic success, ExCEL offers interventions and other presentations to present CSUN students psycho-education on academic motivation, test anxiety, self-efficacy, and academic confidence, as well as information about campus resources.
- ExCEL Video: How to Experience Academic Confidence and Enjoy Learning (YouTube Video)
- ExCEL Video: Selfies of Your Professors (YouTube Video)
- Intensive English Program's Online Writing Lab (ESL Students)
- Learning Resource Center
- Office of Research and Graduate Studies
- Testing Center
- Tutoring Services through Student Housing
- Writing Resources for Students