- Review the scholarship criteria
- Write an essay for each scholarship you are applying for (see below for essay criteria)
- Submit an ASL video for each scholarship you are applying for
- Complete the NCOD Scholarship application
Each essay should be tailored to the scholarship itself - please do not duplicate your essay for each scholarship!
More information about scholarship due dates coming in spring 2022.
Essay and Video Submission Criteria
Essay: Please limit your essay to 500 words.
Video submission: 3-6 minute video limit.
In your essay or video, please include information that relates to the scholarship criteria, such as:
- clubs/organization involvement,
- personal, and/or
- classroom experience.
- You will also need to demonstrate a financial need. If you need assistance with your essay, please visit the NCOD Tutoring Center.
Video Submission - YouTube Link Instructions
1. Upload to YouTube as an "unlisted" video
- 3-6 minute video limit
- If you are using your voice, please correct the YouTube captions
2. Paste the YouTube link into the text field of the NCOD Scholarship application, "Scholarship Essay or Youtube Link."